layout

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Jumping into a rabbit hole....

`1I woke up this morning with Alice on my mind. You know Alice (in Wonderland). The only Disney lady that wasn't a princess and didn't (by some improbable twist of fate) end of becoming a princess. She was just an ordinary girl, totally bored with her life. So what did she do? She followed the first interesting thing that came along. Just so happened it was a crazy, time obsessed rabbit, with a coat and pocket watch. In her curiosity she falls down a rabbit hole and is subsequently thrust into a world she doesn't belong in. Along the way she meets some amazing people, has some scary experiences, and ultimately figures out that her old life wasn't that bad. All she wants is to go home, but sadly Dorothy hasn't hit the scene with her cool ruby slippers, so Alice has to run back! She narrowly escapes the Insane Red Queen and wakes up just in time to resume her school lesson.

I know, I know, you've seen the move, and you know the story line. I just can't help but think about all the times I've just flat jumped into a rabbit hole. I didn't fall, or trip, or slip in, oh no I Jumped! Ending up in a place that I really didn't want be. Trying to make the best out of a world that I ultimately created, and hoping all the while that maybe, just maybe, I'd wake up and it would all go back to the way it once was. You see the rabbit holes I go for never make my world easier only more complicated. Similar to Alice I find that everything that should make sense doesn't, and what does make sense shouldn't, and what I wish would make sense is never gonna. Does that make sense? You see it's impossible to go through a rabbit hole and come out the other side unchanged. So with every opportunity or adventure that comes along I must wonder, is this just another rabbit hole? Could this rabbit hole change things for the better? Is it possible for me to just take a peek without falling in? And Then I realize I've already jumped!!

No comments:

Post a Comment