layout

Friday, May 7, 2010

Mary Mary Quite Contrary.....

I now know why Mary was so Contrary and that's because she had a garden! Last summer (yes almost a year ago) Cameron went to my grandparents for a week. They live in the country have land and a large "garden". Upon returning she started begging me to help her plant a garden. As you can see it took her a year to wear me down, but it finally happened. Several weeks ago we started our garden. We went to Lowe's and $80 (the first trip we've had several other trips)later we were set. We came home planted seeds and waited. Our seeds began to sprout and all was well. Gardening is easy, right? This is where you insert a chuckle. Then came time to transplant. So Rob built us a 16x8 garden in the back yard. Now we have corn, squash, watermelon, pumpkin, spinach, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Oh wait that's not all....We also planted a salsa garden with herbs and jalapenos and sweet peppers. I know, I know, one more thing on my plate! So far it's been a lot of watering and a lot of wondering. Have I mentioned that I kill MOST plant life within days of being around it!!

side note::: If you're looking for quality photography don't look now or here check out my other blog!! :0)


How's a whole plant going to come out of this??

Such a good waterer!
Our first sprouts!! Cameron was SOOO excited!
More sprouts and a very proud gardener!
Rob working hard on the garden. We had to fence it or our poor garden wouldn't have lasted a second with Oliver!!


The garden is finished (by finished I mean still needs a gate and part of the fence is just leaning in place) and plants are growing. We'll see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment